Friday, February 4, 2011

The Night Before

Well, I felt that I had occupied enough of my Ladies of Honor’s time, so the night before the wedding my mother, my son and my nephew lounged at a hotel and ate snacks and watched TV. The highlight of the evening was when my friend Tamara and her husband Shedrick, who drove from Georgia, came by to visit. We quickly sent Shed to the Bachelor Party and the girls had a little cocktail party of our own. Tamara just couldn’t understand how calm I was and asked repeatedly if I had anything to do regarding the wedding. If I learned nothing from Bridezilla, being timely is important and it reduces a lot of stress.

However, kids can always throw a wrench in your plan. My friend Tamara and I ended up at the dollar store to get snacks for the boys. We just happened to run into this frantic lady who was getting some last minute items. Her cell phone was ringing off the hook and she was frazzled. We heard her mention something about a wedding and Tamara said, we’re going to a wedding on tomorrow too! Pointing at me, Tamara said and she’s the bride. The lady and the cashier just starred at me. She said you look so calm, you don’t have anything to do. I told her everything was done and I was just waiting for tomorrow.

See what happens when you preplan?

No comments:

Post a Comment