Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Family and YOUR Wedding

When I tell you the fangs came out when we first started talking about our wedding. It was mess. I wanted something small and offset the cost of a traditional wedding. My groom wasn’t trying to hear it. I then thought about a destination with the two of us and our parents, but we have kids, so no real party there. Then, I said well, let’s get married in GA and if folks want to share our day, they’ll be there (the family is in LA).

OMG, you would have thought I had cursed in church. I was told, GA was too far to travel, decrease your guest list to accommodate everyone, if you look hard enough you’ll find a place you can afford, the two of you make enough money to have a nice wedding, stop being cheap! Are you frickin’ kidding me?!?!?!?!? After digesting all of these comments, I came to one conclusion, if it’s going to be done, it will be done MY way. So, from there, I chose a catering facility that would accommodate ME! Meaning, they provide everything except the photographer and the favors and it’s cost effective. My bridal party is drama-free and financially secure. I made my guest list (all 100 of them) people who I really wanted to be around (except for a few family members I was obligated to invite). I’ve even thought about a low maintenance hairstyle which will not require me being in the hair salon all day.

The gist of this POST is that family can be the worse when it comes to spending YOUR money. However, in the end, I will have it MY WAY cause I Pay The Cost to be The Boss!

No comments:

Post a Comment