Sunday, February 14, 2010

It Wasn't Easy Getting Here

This picture was taken last year at a friend's wedding. Most folks thought we had ran away and got married (highly unlikely). I think we look great together. If someone were to ask me why we are getting married, my answer would go like this. We have a deep bond due to our son, who's 8 years old. I know him inside and out and vice versa. We are a prime example of "If you love something, set it free." We were engaged before, but I wasn't going to get married knowing there were some issues that would just make us miserable. My son and I eventually moved to Atlanta (we had been separated for over 5 years) and after he visited a few times (over an 18 month period), we decided to try again. At one time, we really didn't like each other, but I believe in showing a person how to treat you. When you point out a person's actions in a constructive way, folks have a tendency to look at themselves and if they are wise, they will change for the better. That also goes both ways. Anywho, after 9 years, our friends are besides themselves with excitement. He has caught 2 garters at past weddings, I guess the second one actually worked.



No comments:

Post a Comment