Sunday, February 14, 2010

Oh, Happy Valentine's Day!

Today is a day women everywhere expect dinner, roses, balloons, stuffed animals and undivided attention. My question is, "Why wait for ONE day out of the year to be treated like a queen?" I went to Publix today to pick up medicine. Folks were mob deep around the Valentine's Day section. Keep in mind it was about 2:15pm. My first thought is if you're buying something for someone at this time of day, it was an after thought. SIDEBAR: I don't want to be anyone's afterthought and they knew Valentine's Day was coming when it left last year. Secondly, the same roses that are priced at $40 today were $10 last week. Finally, you couldn't get into a restaurant! The lines were literally out the door and it was very cold today!!! And aren't these places open everyday? My Valentine's Day consisted of preparing my home for Open House. SIDEBAR: I actually had an interested buyer!

I'm the type of person who prefers to be treated well everyday and allow the 14th of February for those who need to show other women or the other woman that they've "got it like that." My Valentine's Day was last week when Nelson sent a check to the catering hall.

In the words of my mom, "I said all of that to say this", Don't come second to anything or anyone. If he puts work, his friends, his car, his dog and so on, before you, you need not waste one second more of your time. Move on and move quickly!!! Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment