Monday, February 15, 2010

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

This 7-letter word is often misused and abused. So many people demand it, but rarely do anything worthy to deserve it. I bring up this word because it is often overlooked by wedding guests. My biggest pet peeve is when I attend a wedding where the invitation clearly states an ADULT ONLY reception. However, when you get there it looks like a Romper Room! I have heard such excuses as, “I didn’t have a babysitter,” or “I’m a cousin, so it doesn’t apply to me,” or my favorite, “The bride’s and groom’s kid(s) are here.”

Are you kidding me?!?!?!?! This is the ultimate act of disrespect for one of the most important days of a person’s life and it’s very selfish. To ensure that this will not happen at our event, we will speak to guests who have children. I’m a firm believer that if you find a responsible person and pay them, they will keep your child for a few hours. If you cannot find a sitter, you may want to opt out of the event. Besides, this event will go on if you're not there. So, to keep this day as memorable as possible, respect the wishes of the couple and if you need a reminder, look up the Golden Rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment